We are committed to safeguarding your privacy, whether you are a customer, a prospect, or just passing through our website.
This policy explains what personal data we collect from you, how we use it, how we keep it safe, and your rights to control your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
This policy was last updated on the 25th of May 2018
J2 Technology Ltd is a company registered in England under company number 10846540. Our registered office is 22-28 Willow Street, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 1LP. We are the data controller for your personal data.
If you have any questions about this policy, or would like to submit a request to access, rectify or erase your data, please write to us at the address shown above, or email us at email@example.com
What personal data do we collect and how do we collect it?
The personal data we collect from you will vary depending on your relationship with us and the service that we provide to you. You will provide some of this data directly when you enquire about a service, become a customer, or join our mailing list.
We may also be provided with your personal data by a third party that you have a contract with, and outsources specific services to us. This does not affect your individual rights under the GDPR.
The personal data we collect may include but is not limited to, the following;
- Identity data including title, first name, surname and job title
- Contact data including email address, company name, postal address, and phone number
- Transaction data including bank account details.
- Interaction data captured through emails, telephone calls or postal correspondence you send us. Telephone calls may be recorded for training purposes
- Marketing data including your preferences, feedback, and interactions with our marketing emails
- Technical data including information about your computer systems that is required in order to provide you with an effective service
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data in several different ways, depending on your relationship with us.
If you have a contract with us, we will use your data;
- To supply the service or product as contracted
- To provide you with relevant information by email or telephone, such as order updates
- To take payments for services rendered
- To provide customer service and support
For our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests, we will use your data;
- To develop and improve the services we offer
- To provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you using the email address or telephone number provided
- To use data analytics to improve our website
When you have given your consent, we will use you data;
- To supply the information you have requested
- To send you direct marketing communications via email to keep you informed of relevant news, products and services that may be of interest, and special offers or events that we may run from time to time
Where we have a legal obligation to do so.
How we use your personal data for marketing?
We may send you emails or call you regarding products and services we believe may be of interest to you. If you no longer want to hear from us you can, at any time, unsubscribe from our mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we share your personal data?
The use of your personal data for any purposes described within this policy, may involve sharing it with trusted third parties to assist us in providing a service.
Certain third parties may include organisations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), but who will be required to comply with the GDPR so that the protection of individuals is not undermined. Where we use third parties based in the US, they will be part of the Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the EU and the US.
We share your data with;
- Providers that support our website and business systems
- Suppliers and Providers that support the performance of any contractual service we enter into with you
- Financial services companies such as payment service providers
- Delivery companies
- Marketing companies that help us manage our digital or postal communication with you
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies where we are required to do so by law
- In the event of a business or asset sale
We will only provide them with the information they need to perform their specific service and they may only use your personal data for that explicit purpose.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the services or information you requested or as contracted, or to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have implemented appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, unathorised use, alteration or disclosure of your personal data under our control. We limit access to your personal data to employees and third parties who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your personal data will do so in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have implemented a process to deal with any suspected personal data breach, and will notify you and the applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have the right to;
- Access – you can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct or complete personal data we hold about you
- Erasure – you can ask us to delete your personal information (the right to be forgotten)
- Restrict Processing – you can restrict our processing of your data
- Data Portability – you can ask us to provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format
- Object – you have the right to object to receiving direct marketing from us even if we believe we have a legitimate interest to communicate with you in this way. Where you have given consent you may withdraw this at any time
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
If you have concerns or would like to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter. You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
We will respond to all legitimate requests with one month. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). We may contact you to ask for further information in regard to your request to aid us deal with your request appropriately.
Links to other websites